What do you need to have in your walla box? Here is a small guide with the most necessary things!!
- A good and stable herding place, a substantial work table or one paddock bench.
- Ski holder / Ski clamp to attach your skis to when working with them.
- Whey iron, with temperature indication. Do not use an old iron, but an iron that is intended for ski curling. Preferably one with a thick plate, around one centimeter. They keep the temperature even and stable throughout the paraffining.
- Plastic sickle
- Horsetail brush
- Nylon brush
- Bronze/Steel brush
- tissue paper, fiberlene, so much more efficient than ordinary paper towels.
The things below can also be good to have but are absolutely not a must
- Thermometer to measure the snow temperature
- Machine-driven brushes, so-called roto brushes you fasten on screwdrivers
Don't forget good ventilation or protective mask
You need at least three different ones slide ramps
- A red for around +4 / -4 degrees
- A blue for around -6 / -12 degrees
- A green or black, preferably graphite wool, -10 / -20 degrees. This is used as a base for all competitions because it is durable. You can of course also use it to ride clean as it is if it is the specified temperature.
- When there are a lot of plus degrees, there is hardly any need for skidding. It has such poor wear resistance that it doesn't stay on for long anyway.